Supply Chain Analyst INTERN
Support SCM Minds and our sister company, SCM Connections, in executing advanced analytics and providing supply chain and financial reporting and data/statistical measurements to our client teams and customers.
- Drive cross functional analytics projects from customer implementation to maintenance: build relationships with customers and partner teams, frame and structure questions, collect and manage data, as well as summarize and present key insights in support of customer supply chain decision making
- Collaborate with lead data scientist, partners, subject matter experts and customer teams to identify data best practices, develop success criteria and optimize new reports features and models
- Utilize data collection tools and analytical methodology for advanced supply chain analysis purposes. Interpret data concerning supply chain/ business trends and economic/business forecasts as they relate to the performance metrics and provide recommendations to customers and project teams. Lead the development of customer specific key performance indicator goals and assist in managing and reporting on progress. Support implementation efforts of various projects with regards to analysis, project planning, communication, and tactical assistance.
- Assists with research initiatives for solution design, develop project plans, and manage process to timely completion of deliverables. Communicate key results to customers and customer teams in verbal, visual, and written formats
- Build and execute the next generation of supply chain analytics and data products utilizing advanced Excel, R and Python skills for implementation support and tracking and reporting of performance metrics for facility supply chain improvement initiatives.
Candidates slated to graduate with a bachelors’ degree in the next two years will be considered. Declared major in engineering, business related, supply chain/ logistics or finance focus is preferred. Summer or semester long internships are available in the Chicago Loop or Indianapolis offices.
Work/ Coursework Experience:
- Logistics, supply chain management and/or other similar data analyst experience where analytical and critical thinking skills are considered to be transferable is preferred.
- Experience using statistics and machine learning to solve complex business problems
- Versatility and willingness to learn new technologies
- The ability to clearly communicate complex results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Python, R, VBA
- Machine Learning (e.g. regression, ensemble methods, etc.)
- Statistics (Bayesian methods, experimental design, causal inference)
Graduation Date Range: Starting Dec 2017 to May 2019
Job Function: Logistics & Supply Chain, Data & Analytics
Minimum GPA: 3.5
Dates: 5/21/18 – 8/10/18
Work Authorizations Considered: U.S. Citizen
Class Standings: Junior, Senior, Recent Grad, Alumni // Bachelors, BS/MS, Masters
Majors Considered: Industrial Engineering, MS in Analytics
Location: Chicago, IL or Indianapolis, IN