(By Claudio Gonzalez)
Greetings from the SCM Insider at the Mandalay Bay! The conference is in full steam, it has been a great turn out this year. As is usually the case year to year, we see some familiar faces that attend to stay abreast the latest that SAP has to offer, and new faces eager to learn and understand what the conference has to offer them. As usual our company is again in the exhibitor hall, so come by and say hello, we’ll be sure to give you some goodies and let you know what we have been up to since last year, and is a lot!! We are right in the middle, next to our partners SAP!
This year the line-up is a nice mix of presentations around how to continue to get the best of your current SAP APO systems, as well as what can you expect from the new solutions that SAP is pushing forward. The big SCM theme this year continues to be Integrated Business Planning (IBP), it seems that every year the interest keeps on growing. To give you an idea, our partner Mike Raftery delivered “SAP IBP or SAP APO – Which should you use?” and it was a packed house! Additional chairs were brought in to accommodate a very engaging crowd. It is clear that client and potential clients are getting ready to take the next step and they want to know more.
From Tuesday’s line up, I would recommend the following sessions (shameless plug ahead).
- Live Demo: Demystifying SAP’s solutions for Integrated Business Planning and Supply Chain Monitoring. (Sandy Markin- SAP)
- Streamline the data transfer between SAP ERP and SAP APO using the core interface (Yours truly, SCMC)
- What went wrong? 7 steps to breathe new life into a stalling S&OP process (Jerry Sanderson- SCMC)
- SAP APO PP/DS and SNP Optimizer best practices (Yours truly, SCMC)
- Master the SNP optimizer: Real World strategies to mitigate the challenges of a capacity-constrained environment (Yours truly, SCMC)
Lastly, I will be at the ‘Ask the Experts’ area starting at 4:30pm, stop by would love to catch up and hopefully provide some insights on any open questions surrounding CIF, SNP or TPM that you may have.
On a side note, this is my 10th year presenting at the SCM Insider, cannot believe that a whole decade has gone by, looking forward to another decade!!