It’s that time of the year again: the 2015 SCM Insider is right around the corner! We are going to use today’s blog to give you some pointers on how to maximize your time at this event.
- Even though the conference starts officially on Monday, March 30th, there are Pre-Conference workshops that will take place on Sunday, March 29. So, if your flight arrives early on Sunday and you want to avoid spending money on the slots, just attending a workshop will save you cash! There will be a 9am and a 1pm session. Here is the link for all the topics to be discussed.
- On Monday morning, Hans Thalbauer – Senior Vice President at SAP will be delivering the usual Keynote address. I always recommend attending this session as a nice kick off to the conference. It will be by far the most attended session, so it’s always a good place to network as well. As it has been the topic in past years, Hans will continue to address the ‘Cloud’ and why this is the time to jump on board and maximize its benefits. Every year there are tons of questions so for that reason alone, this is worth attending.
- Since the conference also covers other areas besides SCM (PLM, CRM, Logistics, Manufacturing and Procurement) all the sessions are divided into different tracks. The SCM tracks are 1, 2 and 3. For those of you interested in Transportation Management (TM), sessions will be covered in track 4, while data integration will be covered in Track 5. So definitely, look through all tracks as you may find a session that is cross functional to SCM. Here is the track link with all sessions.
- Of course this blog would not be complete until we plug in the SCM Connections sessions. Make sure to attend the following.
- Tools and Techniques to Meet All Your Subcontracting Planning Requirements in SAP (I’m presenting) Tuesday at 1:00p.m.
- Streamline the Data Transfer Between SAP ERP and SAP APO Using the Core Interface (I’m presenting) Wednesday at 10:30a.m.
- Five Tips for Optimizing Forecast Consumption in SAP APO (with Sean Mawhorter) Wednesday at 3:00p.m.
- Build a Better Replenishment Plan with SAP Shelf Life Planning Functionality (with Sanjay Jelaji) Wednesday at 4:30p.m.
- Outside of attending sessions, another great way to get a one-on-one with different SCM experts is by attending the Ask-the-Experts session which is held in the exhibition hall (where booth are located). Here you can ask specific questions which will hopefully lead to tailored answers. This year there will be two sessions offered, Monday and Tuesday afternoon. Make sure to stop by on Tuesday between 4:00-4:30pm to ask me any questions related to SNP/PP/DS and CIF!!
- This leads me to the Exhibition hall…this is the area to see and be seen so make sure to spend some time here. Different companies will have a booth, offering different type of services. SCM Connections will, of course, be there, so stop by. We would love to have a chat, and get some feedback from you on our blogs, website, word of mouth, etc. At the same time, we would love to share with you what’s going on on our side, from our partnership with SAP and PWC to some really cool demos that we will be presenting on IBP!!
- That’s right, if it’s the latest and greatest demos that you want, we got them! On Tuesday at 12:30 and 4:00 and Wednesday at 12:00 and 2:30, we will have both IBP S&OP: Demand and Supply demos, so definitely stop by and ask questions!
- Make sure to check your conference materials when you check in and review all the offered sessions; it does happen more often than not that sessions that may be of interest to you will be presented at the same time. Some sessions are repeated in the last day of the conference for this issue, so check the agenda!
- Miscellaneous recommendations: bring comfortable shoes! There’s a lot of walking in Vegas; just getting from your room to the exhibition hall is like a half mile walk, not kidding. At some point during the day, go outside and get some sunshine. Vegas hotels are known for being cave-like with no clocks, and they do this on purpose. It’s bound to be sunny and warm so take advantage to go outside for a break. The conference is at the Mirage which is centrally located on the strip so tons of places for dinner and drinks. We recommend checking other hotels as well so you don’t get cabin fever.
- Finally, have fun! This is my 9th year presenting at the Insider and every year I learn something new. As SAP evolves, so do these events. The conference team does a great job in adapting to deliver information that is pertinent to today and to what’s coming up ahead.
The SCM Connections team has been getting ready for this event for months now and we are looking forward to meeting all of you in person.